Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Be Wise

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives genereously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he ask, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does." - James 1:5-8

Life is filled with so many decisions. Sometimes we just wish we know the best answer to everything. I found one great truth in this passage from James on having the wisdom to make the right decision each time.

Wisdom is one of the thing that God would loves and longs for each one of us to have. He will surely answer our prayer for wisdom. But when we ask, we must believe that He will give it to us and not doubt (v6).

Dear Father, thank You that You cares for me so much. I pray that You will give me wisdom in saying the right thing and making the right decision for my career this week.

Lord, I need to have this wisdom and discernment from You. I know You will generously provides (v5) when I ask in faith and not doubt. Thank You for this and teach me to trust in You more for all things. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.